With a whopping response rate of 5.1%, snail mail trumps most other mediums. Sending customers a physical card after they've made a purchase is a great way to add a personal touch to your business. Or you could make a repeat purchase more enticing by offering a discount coupon.
- Do you want to save even more time and you already know how to use Integromat? Use this blueprint to implement the workflow. All you need to do is hook up your accounts and choose the right postcard template.
What is Integromat?
If there is repetitive, manual, work that you often find yourself doing, you might want to take a look at Integromat. Integromat is a workflow automation tool, just like Zapier or IFTTT. As you might have guessed, it helps you by automating your tasks. Instead of setting up a "Thank you" card by hand every time a customer makes a purchase, you can let a piece of software do it for you instead! Not only does it save time, but it's also less error-prone. Once you've configured your workflow correctly, the computer will execute it, in the same way, every single time.
"Another subscription I need to pay for!?" you might think. Fortunately, Integromat has a relatively generous free plan with 1,000 tasks/month. In this case, that means you could have Integromat take care of 1,000 "Thank you" cards per month!
In order to have Integromat do the heavy lifting for us, we need to set up one thing in thanks.io: the image template.
- In thanks.io, in the left-hand sidebar, go to Image Templates
To continue, you will need to choose what type of card you would like to send your customers. You can choose between postcards and letters (notes aren't available in Integromat). In this example, we're going with postcards.
- There are three ways to create a new template
- Upload an image
- Create one using the designer
- Have us design one for you
For this article, we've uploaded an image. We've named our template Integromat.
Hooking up Integromat
Automations usually consist of two components: triggers and actions. A trigger does what it says; it triggers the workflow. This could be anything from receiving a new order, or when a new product is added. Actions are what we use to make Integromat do something. This could be sending a card using thanks.io. If we're working with another app, like Google Calendar, actions could create a new calendar event or invite someone to an event.
Let's set up our workflow step-by-step!
1. Create a new scenario in Integromat
2. Pick Shopify and thanks.io
3. Hit continue and pick Shopify as the trigger for the scenario. Then pick 'Watch Orders' as the trigger.
4. In order to have Integromat trigger when a new Shopify order comes in, you will need to connect Shopify with Integromat. Follow the instructions in this article to do that.
5. Configure when the automation should be triggered. Set it so that the workflow will trigger when a new order with status paid has come in. It should look something like this:
6. Click ok. Time to connect thanks.io. Click here to add a new module.
7. Hover over the question mark, select thanks.io, and pick the type of card you'd like to send your customers. We're going with a 4x6 postcard.
8. Just like with Shopify, Integromat needs to be connected to thanks.io. You can find instructions on how to do that in this article.
9. Time to set up the action! This is where you'll configure your thanks.io card.
- Image Template → Pick the template you've created earlier
- Handwriting style → Pick the handwriting style you'd like to use for your card
- Message → Make the card feel personal by using the customer's first name and the name of the product they bought. Your message might look something like this:
- Image: Message to send.
- Recipient → We went with the customer's billing address since we want to thank the person who bought the product, not the person to whom the product will be shipped.
- Image: Recipient Address
If you'd like to use a custom background make sure to tick the Custom Background box and enter the URL of the image you would like to use.
10. When you're done, your thanks.io step should look like this:
12. Make sure to turn on the scenario.
13. 🎉 Congratulations! You've just brightened your customer's day by sending each and every one of them a personal "Thank you" card, all automated with the help of Integromat.
This was a guest post from Luc Meijer at Luhhu. An automation agency that helps customer save time, money, and sanity streamlining their processes with Zapier.